Thursday 1 July 2010

Review of Last Year

Last year, I chose the Print option in order to create my Music Magazine following a specific genre of music. I think I performed quite well in the project, I chose the Hip Hop genre as it is my favourite kind of music. I did a lot of research following other similar magazines in the same genre such as Vibe.

I think I learnt many new skills in the period of the course and it has helped me a lot for this year. This project introduced Photoshop to me which I had never used before. I had a lot of trouble with it at first but after only days I could use it quite comfortably. So Photoshop was definitely a new skill I learnt in the process and I think I done relatively well using it seeing as it was a completely new software to me.

One of my weaknesses in this project last year was probably my knowledge on how to layout my magazine. I got confused trying to put together several magazine layouts all in my one magazine when I could only choose one for it to actually look like a magazine.

I think I could easily improve on this by simply researching various magazines (covers) then choosing my favourite magazine and focussing on it. Another one of my weaknesses was taking photos as I have never had any professional photography experience.

Despite this, I think I did much better in terms of taking a picture at a certain angle and in more suitable light as I am sure I will next time now that I have some experience. Overall, I found the project very enjoyable and I felt I learnt a lot through out the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment